Monday 26 July 2010

Further Annoyances w/GH III


The quest for saving in Guitar Hero III Mac OS X port goes on, forever?

I figured that the saving didn’t work because of GH III not working in a case sensitive file system and that I because of that moved the game to a image file with a non-case sensitive filesystem and the paths then fuckin’ up. I thought that that was an easily solvable problem. I would just do some aliasing related to the new posistion of the application so that even the saving files would end up in the disk image with the non-case sensitive file system. The biggest problem would be whether I should try Finder aliases or Unix links first.

Easy?

The first try gave no result what so ever.

The second try obviously meant something to game since the application now is crashing at the first save.

Earlier annoyances:
Part 1
Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment